Ayres Rocking Horses
Probably the most revered of English rocking horse makers, F. H. Ayres traces its roots back to London in 1810 when Edward Ayres started his business as a cabinet maker. These beautiful rocking horses were produced in great numbers over the years. Most of those which survive date from 1880-1940. They are lovely, robust horses which can be repaired, renovated and restored to give many years of pleasure.
Our F. H. Ayres rocking horse restorers bring experience and know-how to the craft of renovating your old favourite and offer refurbishment of Ayres antique rocking horses throughout the UK.
Ayres Rocking Horse Identification
Many Ayres rocking horses have some distinctive features, such as:
- A distinctive ring near the top of the vertical pillars of the stand
- Finely carved heads with detailed ears and muzzles
- The fragile lower jaw is often broken and missing
- Well-proportioned bodies with fine and slender legs
There are also differences in the method of construction which can make Ayres rocking horse repairs tricky for less experienced restorers, so it is important to select a restorer who comes recommended for work on these particular horses.
Ayres Rocking Horse Restoration
A potentially valuable Ayres rocking horse merits the highest standards of restoration from an experienced restorer. To some degree, the service can be tailored to the preferences and budget of the customer, but expert advice and guidance on the repairs and renovation is essential. After appropriate - usually comprehensive - structural repairs, the more visible cosmetic restoration is undertaken.Categories:
- Ayres rocking horse restorer
- Ayres rocking horse restoration
- Ayres rocking horse repair
- Ayres Rocking horse refurbishment
- Ayres Rocking horse renovation
For all your enquiries, please e-mail: